View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gnarlyboots

3 months clean baby

Hola compadres! Hope everyone on the clean path is cruising with clear heads and fatter wallets than what you had when using and those of you still in the struggle, come over this side of the fence, it's nice here!

3months clean for me today, pretty stoked about it, been putting all my thoughts and knowledge into a action and it's working quite well, haven't had one of those dark night of the soul for a while now, haha.

Training, meditating, yoga and clean eating is my holy grail it seems, still holding that intention to get to meetings regularly, I feel that's the last piece of the puzzle for my recovery, as I reckon giving back this gift of positive recovery is what i need to do complete this circle.

Had a few deep lows, mostly reflecting on all the things I have been missing & most significantly all the ppl I have hurt with my years of selfish ********. Man, I have had my head so far up my own a** I couldn't see a foot in front of me clearly. I'm still a self involved fella but my empathy had increased 10fold the last few months and I am starting to make contact with those old friends & stuff, to express my sorrow at my behaviors. Mostly ppl are pretty cool when you come with a genuine desire to make amends.
Some of my family won't talk to me and I have old mates who would probably avoid me like the plague, and tbh i totally don't blame them, after watching me go from relapse to court case and worse, I wouldn't want much to with that person either if I didn't understand the struggle like i do. But hey, I've got the rest of my life to make right some of what I messed up so badly, so here's to that!

Anyway, g'vibes to you all I'm out, spot ya kids!