View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
pinkpeony

Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
That has a financial value attached to it. You put your own ability to have a financial career on hold to raise the children and maintain the household. You sacrificed your employment potential for the greater benefit of the family. He owes it to you to support you financially until you're able to be financially independent, because you sacrificed your own independence for him and your family. Fair's fair.
Thanks for this, I agree.

He throw it in my face that he "carried me" while I went to nursing school years ago when the kids were younger. He says he worked and supported me and the family while also taking care of the kids at times while I could do what I wanted by going to nursing school.
(Ummm, I thought I was going to nursing school to better myself and our family, also its not like I wasn't also raising the kids too during this time)

His thinking is very messed up with this....

BUT he's currently pissed because I lost my job back in May due to missing too many days of work due to my severe depression and not being able to get up out of bed and go to work. And the months following, my depression and anxiety got even worse.

So now, he says I have just sat around and haven't worked for months while he's carried me. He says its bulls*t that I say I was too sick to work......
meanwhile my car has been broken down for months so I cant get back and forth to a job......
Even though we live in a small town and way out in the country, a 20 min drive away from anywhere to work, and it's winter, he says I could walk to a job if I really wanted to get a job and work and contribute to the household.
But since I don't then I'm lazy and don't want to work and want to be "carried" and supported by him.....