View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
pinkpeony

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
We've talked about this. You CAN do that by getting a protective order. You haven't been willing to do that because you're concerned about his ability to support his disabled son. He's taking someone else out to dinner and bringing you takeout. What's wrong with this picture?
Lexie,

He hasn't done anything for a protective order to be granted lately.
I AM considering it.

But honestly, it's very expensive where we are living, we have high rent, we have to pay for expensive propane, we have to pay for water delivery to our cistern every 14 days, we have to pay for wood for heat. Plus electric and food and wifi.

I could not afford to live here, even if I was working full time as a nurse.
So, I definitely could not stay here even with child support and him additionally paying some of the bills.

A KY judge is NOT going to order him to pay to maintain this entire household while he is ordered to stay away. He can not afford it. Additionally any abuse I state in a protective order is going to seem minor to a judge.

I can't in good, conscience, expect him to pay all of the bills here - he would have to feed us too, and know that he was left with no money to take care of his disabled son, my stepson that I raised from the time he was 5.

And yes, I have spoken with DV people here locally and this is info I have gotten from them.