View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LvWrAM123

So scared for RAH

I'm so scared for RAH. His mom had a ruptured aneurysm yesterday. Thought she was lucky-caught it in time, put a stent in, etc and she was stable last night. He bought a plane ticket to fly down Tonite. Things took a turn for the worse this afternoon. Have been worrying all evening if he will make it "in time". He just got there half hour ago. Brother picked him at airport and she was "stable", half hour from hospital. 10 minutes later dad calls to say she is coding out. I am hysterical praying that he gets there in time. Last text at 11:20 said "still alive-5-10 mins away." Haven't heard anything since, so I'm typing here to keep occupied.

I am praying SO hard he gets to see, touch, talk to her before she goes if a miracle for her to pull thru isn't in the cards.

He is 15 months in recovery. Worried if God didn't answer these prayers for him to make it to see her in time his faith in HP will be shattered. Worried he will have guilt and so will I and that he may blame me that we didn't put him on an earlier flight. Late last night when we booked the ticket we were in a celebratory, she made it thru surgery place. Purpose for visit was to see her and provide emotional support to dad, if we had understood or considered potential that she might only have had hours to live we would have happily paid the $400-500 extra to get the earlier flight. We didn't know! He wasn't even sure if he was going to fly down at all. So much GUILT!!! OMG!

Keeping his sobriety if he loses his mom is going to be REALLY tough for him.

If he lost her before he got to the hospital, I really do not know if he will be able to stay sober. I have never prayed harder and bargained harder than Tonite. I am more calm than I was 20-25 minutes ago. What is, is, I guess. If he made it there and she was still alive, prayers have been answered. If not, it's too late. I'm not "calm" right now-just empty. Surreal. Waiting...

He knows there is wine at his parents place. He told me as he left for airport. "I've thought about drinking, but I'm not going to do it. I know it won't help anything and will only make things worse. I texted my sponsor and I'm going to call him on my way to the airport. I brought my books, I have people to call. The first thing I'm going to do when I get to their Condo is dump out all the wine (his dad doesn't drink)." He was kind of in denial, but the good kind, I guess (it's a 2hour drive to the airport). Said, "I told my dad to tell her to hold on, because I'm coming."

I am trying to see if I have a feeling of if she is still here or not and I just don't know. Waiting for a text or a call. We really have control over nothing. Changing my prayers now to prayers of strength for my husband and father-in-law and for a miracle for MIL.

Thanks for listening-