Old 02-26-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
allforcnm

Ive used the mapping also.. pretty much as described by Blue and Soverylost. I think there is more to it than mapping however.. its an internal change within us, a different attitude. No one is forced to use Craft, or to provide positive reinforcements if they don't feel good about it. Everything I did was authentic in regards to my feelings.. if I was encouraging a family dinner, it was because I enjoyed them also.. there is no manipulation or control in the end because each person has to make their own choices. Its just offers positive or healthy alternatives that are often not visible otherwise.

Off topic slightly.. but I also think this shows a substance abusers does have control.. they can choose to not keep drinking (willingly) because they prefer to stop and do something else... the mind of a substance abuser is really just like everyone elses.. they weigh options.. positive vs negative, its not all about people only being motivated to change because of negative consequences and I think CRA and CRAFT show this clearly; a mix of positive reinforcements and allowing natural negative consequences gives the best opportunity for change..