Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Man, I missed a couple of good dinners; how did that happen?

Have you ever had a deep tissue massage, gonnachange? I think that you will enjoy it. Hopefully, it will help you to de-stress (always my main purpose in seeking a massage).

I was never able to successfully accomplish the 'two and done' drinking experience once I became fully entrenched in my alcoholism. Others have spoken of being able to moderate for a very brief period of time before heading rapidly down the slippery slope to despair. I believe that, no matter how much sober time I accumulate, I will never engage in an experiment or attempt at moderation. My sober life is just too wonderful to risk it. Not to mention that two drinks just wouldn't do it for me - enough said, I guess; that sort of says it all. It's all or nothing - so definitely nothing.

Maybe we are saying the same thing "it's easier to have none than one"!!!!!
I've had a couple of massages in my life, but never a deep one. Although almost painful at times it went well and as I wrote before I'd go back for another one. I can really see how I would benefit when I'm training for a marathon.

Moving on to last night, thank you for your advice. I have no intention of doing the moderation approach. For me none IS easier than a couple, but I'm not going to beat myself up for something like last night. That written, I'm going to continue coming here to write about the good and the bad and I hope it's clear that I'm not minimizing my poor decisions last night.

Dinner....I wrote about tonight's last night. A couple of hours driving north on 95 and you'll be here.

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Careful with the moderating thinking!
It can be controlled for a while, then most of us just slip right back to where we originally started and have to begin all over again.

Massages are awesome and I hope you enjoy it, I love them so much when i was in Thailand I was starting to get 3 a day, yes yes, addictive personality!

And count me in for dinner! At some point I was hoping to go to new jersey to do some research on the eastbound strangler. Maybe thats weird, haha
Thanks about the moderating. See what I wrote above.

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Three a day? Man, either you have lots of $$ or they're really inexpensive in Thailand.

I had to do a search on the eastbound strangler which I guess means it's not me. :-)

If you ever do come east, let me know. Seriously.