Thread: Trying again
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JD4010

Originally Posted by Jenaben1 View Post
It's the loneliness that is hard. Sometimes I feel like there is no one to talk to that cares. I stayed in an abusive relationship so long that I am not even whole anymore. I am broken and I can't escape the loneliness because I am a complete mental mess inside. It's not apparent on the outside.
This sounds a whole lot like me. I got divorced last year after decades of verbal abuse and mind games. Now, after 30 years, I'm on my own. I've got two cats to keep me company, but they don't care if I'm drinking or not (plus they are enjoying their catnip!).

I'm 55 and there's not much for someone like me to do in the evenings. I read a lot and spend some time at the library. I don't go to the coffee houses because everyone is much younger than me, plus I don't have much money to spend on hoity-toity coffee.

I'm a professional with a good job, but have very little money because the maintenance/alimony payments are so high. I've been putting off a repair for my old beater of a vehicle for months now because I can't scrape together $700. Good thing I enjoy walking!