Old 02-22-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Jodie77

Amy,

I can't thank you enough for sharing your story and all of your support.

It's crazy because he was sooooo put together, insightful, patient, selfless, kind and loving the first year. By year 2 he was a monster. The verbal insults, the mood swings, the emotional abuse started then.

By year 3 he was abandoning me. By year 4-5 he was straight up blackmailing me. But I would get glimpses of the old him and I would feel hopeful. He swore on his children's lives he would never leave me, and I foolishly believed him.

We had a very sexually charged relationship and I think that is the only thing he liked about me toward the end. His behavior was so confusing though because he would really praise me at times and at other times tear me down so low. And yes when I would try to leave he would threaten suicide or have his mom call me. He always always always came back. Always. And there seemed to be moments of clarity, sincerity, and insight on his part. Then he would vanish again. He was soooooo good about pointing out the flaws and inconsistencies in other people but would blatantly ignore his own. He was very entitled but timid at times.

His whole personality was a contradiction. But he has these 3 amazing children who are so well behaved and groomed and mannerly. His ex wife a masters in psychology and his sister a PhD....it's like didn't any of them see the reality of the situation? His family confused me.

I don't know I'm digressing. Just trying to sort things out here emotionally, and it's helping.