View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sadsister62

I am up with my Mom and Dad now, alcoholic sister just left for work and it is quiet for now. My sober brother and his wife came up for the day yesterday and we had a great discussion about getting the ball rolling as far as OPENING topics of concern with my dad. We openly talked in front of my Mom. I know she feels we blame her for letting AS move in with them. Well, yeah... but made sure that she knows that we are here to support her when/if situation changes. I asked her to PLEASE stop the "where's she supposed to go, she has no money" thing,because I have all the info on every free re-hab in the state. Then I mentioned the calling the sheriff and possible court-ordered long-term re-hab...Mom thinks I am cruel. "You should talk to your Dad about these things" yep, but he won't listen to us unless YOU tell him because he ONLY wants to keep you happy. For now, things are ok, wish AS could CARE for them if she's going to stay here. I came up Fri eve and the walks needed shoveling, the trash and recycling heaped in front of door, fridge full of mystery food, ect...Treating AS like an annoying pet, best I can do without screaming at her... going home tomorrow to rest and recover myself, can't wait!