View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Oh yes it can be life changing. I could write a book now about how the incidents in my past created who I thought I was and how I behaved. Even some of the smallest things had an impact on how I dealt with life in a terribly dysfunctional way. I couldn't believe some of the connections I discovered. When you have a faulty foundation then everything on top of that foundation is faulty too. My whole reality was based on the damage of my past. God had to call in the demolition team to deal with me.

If your still wondering then you probably haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet. When you make the connection you'll know. Also remember that something might seem so small when looking at it from an adults perspective. Our emotions are from a child's perspective. Something can be very devastating to a child that an adult would see as no big deal. We tend to want to dismiss things when we the adult think we are overreacting. We need to validate our feelings from a child's point of view. It helped me to find a child about the same age as I was when things happened to me. Then I could say this happened to me when I was the same age as this child. It shed a new light on it when I did that.

Hugs