Old 02-21-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
heartcore

Good morning friends. Just waking up in Alaska, the puppy - tenacious and loving - licking my face until there's just no point in even pretending I'm still sleeping. He still doesn't understand that weekends are for sleeping later!

I have to go to a planning meeting for a workshop I'm teaching next weekend. It feels like a chore. I like the other people on the team though, so WHY is it a "chore"? Because it is scheduled on Saturday morning? Because it is not play?

This is what I want to work on, in the coming months - I sign up to do something, a community service type thing, & then I reframe it as a chore or obligation. Why not enjoy it? Exercise for example - it can feel like a chore or it can feel like play - it is completely perspective!

This afternoon, I have agility with the pup, & tonight a woman from AA is coming over to sit by the fire & make crafts with me.

Windy and cold rain here. I'm jealous of big sombrero hanging his clothes to dry on the warm roof... See, that doesn't sound like a chore, but you could allow it to feel like one! Or you can be present for it & enjoy it.

I can hear a little mouse scurrying through the wood walls of my cabin.