View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
MariahGayle
Hillbilly Girl

MLD.....I thought Monday was 80 days for us? Any Who, another sober, Saturday morning. I've had periods of my drinking where I did the bar thing. In my younger years I was a bartender, so have always been comfortable to stroll into a bar myself. This last couple of years of my drinking, I started going to this little bar right down the street from me, met a Man (this was after a 12 year stretch of not dating & not stepping foot into a bar) & fell hard for him (why wouldn't I....an alcoholic with bullet holes & stab wounds), it was at this time that my drinking was really progressing, & this man & my "best friend" didn't really know what to do about me, so they decided to (well, you get the pic) anyway, needless to say, that only fueled my reason to drink & I would go into that bar & quietly make an ass out of myself. I'm happy to say, I haven't stepped foot in there in quite a while.....I did see someone who hangs out there the other day & she did not recognize me & when I went up to give her a hug, she said "Wow, I don't have to ask how your doing." Made my Day.

Have a good day Peeps