View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LLLisa

Originally Posted by SwiftHeart View Post

Because I won’t be getting cussed at. Yelled at. Berated for random, mundane issues.

Because I won’t spend the rest of my partner’s life trying to talk him out of killing himself.

Because I won’t have to feel like I’m about to get in trouble, every second of every day, for something utterly unpredictable.

Because I won’t have to feel like the kids are about to get in trouble, every second of every day, for something utterly unpredictable.
Those four reasons up there are enough.

When I kicked my XAH out all I needed was some peace. Peace from the not knowing what shiz he was going to yell at me and the kids about next. Totally unpredictable.

I love him being gone from our lives. The kids and I love our peaceful home. We are no longer afraid of the man we/ I? had to pretend to respect and love.

It's going to take some time. Time for you to get your head around it and learn to put your kids and yourself first. Time to re-set your flight or fight response - that was really difficult for me, however, about 8 months ago I stopped jumping and freaking out over every unexpected loud noise. But, when you do get settled and feel a new inner strength (it took me a couple of years) good things start to happen.