Thread: I saw HIM today
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Stung

I did something very similar to this after the big dramatic "get out and get help" initial blow up with my husband (here is my old post about it I'm like a moth to a flame). A few short weeks later I found myself shamelessly flirting with him. That big blow up didn't involve him getting physical with me like your circumstances did, but he told our then 2 year old that I was a ***** and a liar while he was blackout drunk and our poor daughter was terrified. He was reading the big book front to back to front and attending meetings daily…there has been lots of drinking since that time. Time really is the only thing that will show if recovery is what he is committed to and if I could go back and change anything, it would be that I would have been more respectful and protective of myself. I would have treated him the way he deserved to be treated. You aren't nice to people who recently tried to choke you. You aren't nice to people who tell your daughter that you're a *****.

We're all just cautionary tales for you because most of us have been here and lived scenarios very similar to yours.

I agree that he wants to get back into your home again and get "back to normal'. Hell, many of us take a LONG time to realize that we never had normal to begin with and what we really want to get back to is status quo. My husband had that big blow up in December 2013, was sober from Jan to May, I let him come back home and everything fell apart. That was my experience. I wish I would have slowed way down and valued my peace more and valued my own self more. A year, 2 years are a drop in the bucket if he is serious about being a changed man and it is going to take a LONG LONG LONG time to do that work.

Just my experience. Take what you like. Leave the rest.