Old 02-19-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GoesWithTheFlow

Originally Posted by Travelgirldodds View Post
Hi all.

I've reached day 25 and I'm feeling great, sociable and empowered :-)

What I am however finding it strange how others are reacting to me not drinking. It's as though they have taken it personally as they can be quite aggressive in saying why I shouldn't give up drink and that I'm biting off my nose to spite my face as I've always enjoyed the party life. It doesn't help that I've had the all clear with my liver and kidneys from the doctor as this seems to fuel their arguments. I see it however as a second chance to change my life for the better but some people just wont open their eyes to this......It's utterly crazy
You are a lot stronger than I have been in the past when I would try to give up drinking. I would tell my friends, people that I have know for years, I was giving up drinking and most of them would give me alternatives to quitting. They would say that I should just moderate drinking better, to drink slower, etc. My friends have encouraged me not to stop drinking and I have caved in several times before.

I think our friends do that because they don't want to lose their fun drinking buddies. If we stop then their circle gets smaller and eventually they will either find new friends or stop themselves, but they are not ready to stop.

This time I feel different however. I feel like I won't fall into there temptation and this time I wont fail.

Congrats on 25 days!