View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
EveningRose

Originally Posted by ajarlson View Post
Does anyone think it's not ok to go no contact with no extra explanations? Some "social contract" thing perhaps? Not sure why this is tearing me up inside.
I haven't talked to my mother in about 7 years. I don't actually remember the last year I talked to her, only that it was on her birthday. I just never called her again. She just never called me, either. And now she walks by me in stores and church with her head down, pretending she doesn't see me.

I have no idea why she does this, and I don't particularly care.

I haven't bothered explaining to her why I never called again because she apparently doesn't care, hasn't asked, and I have enough history to know that anything I say will simply be explained back to me as why that was all my fault, anyway.

For the record, I never called again for two reasons. One was that she is so incessantly negative and critical of everyone--on top of which I learned since moving home that she is like that with and to me, not to my siblings. I don't care to spend my life grousing about other people and she refuses to have any other conversation with me, no matter how hard I try to turn the conversation to positive things.

The other is that I finally understood from an ugly comment she made that she will always blame me for any problem between me and anyone--even if it's a near stranger. She actually believes things with no rational basis whatsoever. I called her on one of them, and she looked very confused when she couldn't explain why she thought it, but then snapped right back to her reality. Again, very strange. I think she's a narcissist to the point of real mental illness and delusion.