View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi mr.gunshot,

The fear of being shot again and worry that you are not safe anywhere is all a part of PTSD symptoms.

I worry about being shot too when I'm sitting in a public place and I've never been shot at before, lol. I have to sit in the back row of movie theaters because I'm afraid of a stranger sitting behind me. These are all a part of PTSD fears. I was watching the nanny trials years ago and the mother of the child who died said "If this can happen then anything can happen" This is the beginning of our fear. Our reality of safety was pulled out from under us because we experienced a tragic event. Now we feel that safety was just an illusion.

We tend to isolate at home because we feel the safest there. We feel like we have some control. I can even ruin that with my thoughts. I will start thinking of meteors falling on my house or sink holes. No place feels safe.

All these thoughts are just a symptom of anxiety. I'll see if I can find something to post on this subject.

Please know that you're not crazy and you're not losing your mind. This is all part of it.

Hugs,
MG