View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sadsister62

No. they live so far in the woods! Closest town is 20 miles away, and the care she will need will be 'round the clock-type. So, I keep trying to start the end-of-life talk, but Dad and even my sober sibs are so reluctant! Maybe my presence will make AS so uncomfortable she will leave on her own, I am the only one who she feels threatened by, b/c I am the only one who has gone to the trouble of finding resources for her. She knows that when Mom dies that she has NO WHERE else to go, my Dad silently blames her for Mom's health, I believe, and maybe so do I to some degree. IF she is still going to outpatient , she could get all the info she needs to move on to in-patient, I am not going THERE again, Took me 3 months to get over the hurt of that one, can only change myself. Asked Dad to find a good family attorney, and sober sibs agreed that this was a good suggestion, but SURPRISE! he thinks he can muddle this all out. He has paid a car for her, her assessment fees to re-gain her drivers license, found her jobs, her phone bill, and when/if she goes to jail, he will pay her bail and court fees because he does not want to make my mother unhappy. Mom's dying wish is that we all become one big fat happy family, but boy, that ship sailed some time ago. Dad will not let my AS stay with him when Mom is gone, but then, I doubt he has the will to kick her out. Talked to Mom yesterday a little, she is becoming incoherent from the brain radiation, but she KNOWS my reluctance in coming up there, she knows my no-contact with AS. Whatever, God doesn't give us more than we can bear, right? Need to line up hospice when I get up there, maybe I can get Dad on board with that...