View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Hi Artic.

Has the counselor done any other kind of assessment on you, a more comprehensive one rather than just questions about your drinking and drugging pattern? We started out in the same class here back in 2014 January, and I remember some of your posts on that thread... makes me think you might possibly need a little more from therapy/counseling than just a plan to dissect your drinking habits... might be wrong, but my memory and impression.

You also tried multiple times to cut back / quit already, no? And it does not seem like you are satisfied with any of the result. Have you discussed this with her?

I believe it is true that first you would need to sort out the drinking issue and then address whatever else, but I would personally expect more from counseling than just someone tell me how to drink or how not to drink. But in fact, they can only help based on what we share. Sounds like she wanted you to set a simple goal:

"She asked "what do you want to get from today, why are you here?"
And you answered:
"I want you to tell me if you think I'm an alcoholic"

I would say that what she asked and suggested is logically addressing your question and may provide an answer in a while that you will be able to discuss with her.

But is this really what you want from it?