View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AddictGuy

It clearly concerns you. Like, "Am I really f***** yet?" And, yeah, I am kinda wtf with whoever it is you went to see. If I were you I would wonder if she had really showed up to work that day, even if she was sitting there. I would have walked out of there confused myself. It really sounds to me like you wanted her to tell you that you had better quit, like it would have meant more from a professional.

I'm a professional. I am a seasoned soldier of life. So take it from me. You should stop.

Let me tell you, Arctic. Not drinking is cool. To be the one that's says, "No thanks, I'll pass." I remember when I could only envy those who had quit drinking and wondering if I ever would. Then my heart nearly flamed out one day over it. That made it a no-brainer for me. My doc said, "We need to keep your heart beating." That was math I could understand.

Why wait for some bad thing? Why wait for the noose to tighten? You're not happy about it. You don't need to wait to quit. You don't like it. That's clear. If you are not that bad "yet" then that just means it will be easier to quit.

Then you can be one of those "strong" people. I love just not dealing with the "s**t" anymore. anyone that can scrape together a couple of dollars can drink. You're better than that. I just know it.

It sounds like you are just waiting for someone to give you permission. Well, I will. It's OK, Arctic. Quit.