Thread: Help??
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by underagebeauty View Post
I want to be strong enough to stand alone...
I never want to think I am strong enough to do this alone. I am not. I never was before and even after almost two years sober I am still not, I am never going to be and in reality, why would I want to be?

I need my HP and I need people. A problem shared or given to God is a relief. I don't have to burden it all on my own anymore.

I never want to go back to the day when I think I can do it all or God forbid, I think I know it all.

smart enough to know when I need help
Intelligence has jack to do with asking for help. My problem was/is I thought I was so smart that I could figure it all out on my own or I thought I already had it all figured out. I didn't know and you know what? That is OKAY. I don't have to know all the answers to live life. I can pick them up and learn along the way as long as I am willing to listen, take suggestions and learn.

and strong enough to ask for it
You must have been given the gift of desperation. Think of the thousands (millions) that don't come here or go anywhere. They just suffer with their silent screams.

Desperation is a gift, it is the gift that gets us to reach out for help and be willing to do what ever it takes to remain sober. You need willingness, not strength. Although strength can help if you are moving a sofa.

Take it one day at a time, pray, take suggestions and keep asking questions and reaching out. The storm will pass, take it easy.