View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Ha! True confession: I watch Lawrence Welk sometimes if I'm bored and stumble upon it. Reminds me of my mom before she got depressed and alcohol and painkillers robbed her of her spark. She knew the words to all the old standards. When I was little we used to waltz around the living room and she would SING! Good times. Of course, she was having her evening coctails even then, but she was still fun. One main reason I quit drinking is I recognized her in myself. I stopped drinking for fun but out of anger and disappointment. This story also sheds light on my apprehension about opioids.

Which, by the way, is coming along. Five days out of surgery yesterday I had the waterproof seal removed. Steristrips stay on and looks healthy enough other than some evidence of bleeding. And I started cutting back on Percocet. I had been taking 2 pills every five hours and needed them. Yesterday, I managed with one pill every five hours, except by my 5pm dose I needed two. Still taking muscles relaxants as prescribed. Having spasms and random numbness. I'm told this is to be expected due to nerves having been set free after having been impinged. Cut back on the oxy, as well. They wanted me to take it between percocet doses, but I've only done this as needed, and I haven't taken one since yesterday afternoon. If today goes well I'm gonna switch to Tramadol tomorrow and Tylenol tomorrow and see how long it takes me to get down to just Tylenol.

Interestingly, since Thursday my wife has been out of town and I've been nursed by my sister and her husband who are both addicted to painkillers and alcohol. So... Grareful for their help but evenings get progressively annoying. No evidence they're helling themselves to my meds. On the contrary, they brought a stash of norco and liquid vivadin in case I run low. They think I was crazy to not request a second week of opioids, but my week's supply should last more like ten days at this rate, anyway. Ironically, their presence, rather than creating any desire to est more drugs than absolutely necessary, has served to reinforce my plan to get clean asap. Users can be mighty negative, but I brought my psychic mascetti, so I'm safe. It is what it is.