Old 02-15-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

Thank you all for your advice. My marriage is not good. I feel we have been split awhile now because my H has never stuck up for me with regards to my son. It has always been me and now I feel like the failure here. Whenever I would complain to him about how my son talks to me, etc. my H would say "it is your job to handle this, you need to be stronger". I have never been a "strong" person. I have tried to stand up for myself with my son and I get NO where. He constantly twists things around and manipulates me. For example, most of you are aware of my past posts about when he drove his car and did damage. The one time he went a back road and yes I am sure he had alcohol in him. He said a tree branch fell on his windshield and it startled him so he swerved and went off the road. My dad paid about $3000 to fix his car. Then he drove off the back road again 2 weeks ago in a snow/ice storm going for booze. (He denies it but I checked his phone records and seen he called the place that sells it). His car ended up being totaled due to the damage of the bottom and the engine over heating. Now he is left with a small amount for a new car with what the insurance gave him... My dad was looking for a car for him and wanted to add $ to it so my son will have a decent car. I said NO! He has to deal with what he can get. I know he won't be careful, he has NO clue how much this is costing us. So after last night and him having the gf go out in that storm for booze, my husband finally told my dad as well he can not spend more than the insurance check. We told my son this morning that his car will no longer be an AWD and that it will be what ever the Insurance $ can get him. He was not too happy so I said "Hey, maybe you could get a job on the weekends and put $ towards it so you would be able to buy an AWD one?" THis is where I get the twist.... He says "Oh, so taking 21 credits this semester isn't good enough for you?" ( He has 18 at the moment and is adding a language class next week so he is more marketable out west)
I want to say "Maybe if you gave up booze and weed, your acid reflux, depression, anxiety would clear up???" Yes, I am looking forward to him leaving. Breaks my heart feeling like this but I can't take him. I will worry even more that he is half way across the country but I have to LET GO!