Old 02-14-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

I am the only one who seems to think my son has a drinking problem....

I have been seeing a therapist for 2 weeks now. I told him about my son and how since his gf turned 21 in December he has been drinking a case of light beer every day of the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). So that is 24 cans each day. Today he seemed to space them out. He hides them from me but I know what is going on with his trips to her car.....

I have talked to my parents and my husband about it. They tell me to back off of my son, don't bring up the drinking, let it go and he will grow out of it.... He is 20.... He has been drinking since high school on and off. Last summer was really bad with the hard liquor so now it seems like he has cut back to light beer (4.2% alcohol in a can).

I told the therapist how I seem to be the only one who is concerned... He said to me... If someone drank 24 cans of soda in a day or 24 glasses of milk, do you think that is alarming? DO you think there is a problem? I said yes!

Everytime I approach my son about his drinking he gets angry and curses me. I feel like I push him more to drink. I want to ask him the question my therapist asked me about the number of cans? I want to ask the girlfriend if she is not concerned?? Do you think I should email her or call her on MOnday when she is not with him? I wanted to post it on my facebook and say "SO if someone you knew drank 24 cans of soda/beer in a days time, would you be concerned?" Not sure how it would go over...

My dad tells me to stop harping on my son. He is young and this is what they do. My therapist said when he was 20 he drank alot too but was in the army. My son's grades in college are great. Just hate this every weekend.

10 months until he moves out west!!!! Yeh! I will still be a mess with worry though!