View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alphaomega
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Need some guidance and help

Hi everyone.

My husband has been abusing Norco/Vicodin for years. He started on it after a back injury, but now only uses to get high. Like any other addiction, it started out innocuous enough, and is rapidly ramping up to (what I think are) ridiculous levels.

I confronted him two nights ago. I refused to talk to him whille he was high, but he gave me his bottle of pills and said "You are right, I'm totally out of control. I can't do this anymore.

I counted the pills. There were 36.

I left the bottle on the nightstand. Yesterday morning, I counted them, there were 32.

So he came to talk to me in the morning. I asked him if he had any pills. He of course, said I had all of them. Being an alcoholic myself, I know better than to trust anything that comes out of his mouth. So I asked him where the other 4 were. Oops. He must think I'm a dummy.

I told him I was done. I wanted a separation. He's married to his pills and I can't do this anymore. In 19 years of marriage, we have never talked divorce. Never. I'm working my butt off trying to get and stay sober and I just can't do this successfully if he is still using. So while I understand he may or may not be ready to give up the pills, I have to move on.

It wasn't an ultimatum, I was just being true to myself.

Long story longer, he took all the pills and flushed them.

And now he is in a panic BC he can't get anymore for 3 weeks. And he has himself convinced, what if one of us hurts ourselves and really really REALLY need pain meds ?

This has been his mental excuse for years.

He admitted to using every night. Four pills of the 10/325 at a single setting. Never in the day time. Only after 9:00 pm.

Is that a lot ?

He said he will start having withdrawals. And they will last for 3 or so days.

I know really nothing about opiate addiction so I need some guidance on what to expect, is that enough to have Withdrawals ?