View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TerpGal

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
It turns out there is a name for this and how it helps our mental health: forest bathing. It felt AMAZING.
Interesting. Maybe that's why I always felt so ALIVE being at Girl scout day camp every summer volunteering as a teen staff........hanging out in the woods all day. The only other place I have felt that alive is being in the ocean.

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

I decided to plant flowers. I like it and it has good memories attached. I could do it at home with small children running around. When I started it I was just going through the motions for a summer or two. I hung in there and did it just to say I had a hobby because it seemed so bland to have nothing. I really enjoy it now and it has been a really positive thing.
I am addicted to gardening. Food gardening which mostly happens in the summer. I start my own seeds. When the Baker Creek catalog arrives in December I pore over it, for days usually. Not so much this year. I had too much internal chatter, and I'm not sure I will get to plant this year since we probably won't be in this house this summer.......although although not liveable, my childhood home has a huge yard with 4 garden patches dug by my mom over there............I daydream about that yard. Often. Speaking of which, it's time to get my seed buying on.