View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Timeiskey

Doggone and Fire,
You both have a great point! Am I Codying up another Codi? Perhaps a little, perhaps not. I stopped by and was asked for some insight into what I have learned. Did Adam express the same reservations about meetings and SR that I held before I hit my Codi bottom? Absolutely. Do I think I can really help Adam? Maybe. But can I fix their relationship or fix Adam? No. I did not cause their situation, I can not control it (nor do I want to), and I sure can't cure em. However, I did tell Adam that I would do two things, which was outline his situation here for others who have experience to review and would bring him to my next Codi meeting. Beyond these two things, I am not in control nor will I push the issue. I am only on step two myself. But, if someone is saying things to me that are so obviously clear to me, then I will make an effort for them.
Someone made reference at one time to the fact that all personal relationships involve some aspect of dependency. As I redefine what healthy boundaries for myself, I am cautioned to remember that not all dependency is unhealthy. However, I cannot suggest that I have a clearly defined internal understanding of healthy yet. So, I appreciate the heads up from you both. It helps me red flag any further "control" on my part Although, I hope that what I am really doing here is trying to help him get a little feedback for his own perspective...sigh, it so confusing all the way around lol!