Thread: codie mom
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blossom717

codie mom

I haven't been on here in a while. Lots of day-to-day stuff keeping me busy...work, school, taking care of little blossom.

This post isn't so much about exabf, but about my mom, a codie herself.

I think I've posted before about it...her bf doesn't work, doesn't seem to want to work. He isn't an addict (well, maybe to media like video games but that's it) but he is a manipulator who takes advantage of my mom.

I love her, and really appreciate her allowing us to live with her. But. Having said that, seeing her codependent habits on a daily basis are not helping my own recovery. Last night she was helping (ie. making) her bf apply for a job and a "match.com" email popped up on his laptop. (that's how they met years ago) It was a request to reactivate his account. Mom got angry and made him show her all his emails.....

It was an uncomfortable situation, even from in the other room. I was trying to study for a mid term and keep dd occupied. I don't know how to feel about them, if I should at all. I know if I were in that situation and I was constantly questioning his trust then I'd break up with him....well I would have kicked him to the curb with him not having a job since august.

I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest. I see her actions of trying to control a situation that she can't and it makes me feel silly for doing the same thing in my own relationships.