View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stung

My favorite source is my online al-anon group except that it's email based so I can access it very easily and new very awesome shares always seem to come through to my inbox when I need them the most. Lots of support and I have not once experienced any pushy, judgey or know it all stuff from anyone there. It's tremendously supportive and there is an incredible amount of insight in the group! It gives me lots of ah-ha moments.

I use SR for my frustrations, I use my online group for growth and I use my face to face group for practical support. I also do service (I think I'm locked in with my service position until December) in my face to face group and it's really teaching me about tolerance, patience and treating myself and others with grace.

I'm in mommy groups that are similar to Carlotta's (secret groups) and they were amazing for support but occasionally catty and drama laden. I figured there were secret al-anon groups on FB too and I hadn't found them yet. But I've since deactivated my FB acct and don't think I'll be headed back anytime soon.