View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pinkpeony

So today he says....

Yesterday evening he got in his van and left without saying where he was going, he didn't come home all night. I'm assuming he stayed at his son's house, but really who knows.

Considering that he's drinking and driving and I hadn't heard from him by 11am, I texted him "assuming you're not dead or in jail?"

He texted back that he was working. Then he texted that today his new life starts. I asked him what that meant. He said quitting drinking. So I texted him back "well, good luck, sincerely. I hope you have a sober support system set up and will be going to AA. Honestly I'm worried that you may need a medical detox at this point."

He tests back saying thanks for the encouragement. (meaning it in a negative way, that I wasn't being encouraging)

I predict his new life ends within 48 hours.......

15 or so years ago he quit cold turkey and was successful for a few years, but his alcoholism has progressed so much more in the years since.
PLUS I'm sure he will continue smoking pot daily since it helps his back pain from slipped and herniated discs way more than any pain pills ever have....

Sober or not, I'm still leaving when I am able to.