Old 02-09-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by TaiCarm View Post
How quickly did things go down hill for other alcoholics on here?
I’m hopeful that, after getting over any physical dependence, I will be able to stick with the program for good this time.
Nonsensical posted a graph ad I think it fits me. Until recently I hadn't really seen how physically unwell I had become. I knew my tolerance had dropped but I was lookin at me not going to detox and I THOUGHT I hadn't had any withdrawal symptoms.
But I think that isn't true.at the end of my drinking I was getting blackout drunk on a six pack unless I had the aid of some Vicodin which upped the intake and I couldn't drink every day as i hurt too much. And when I stopped I was in quite a fog, but I think I was suffering more physically than I thought.
But what's worse than the physical aspect is the mental and emotional. I think that went downerhill when I picked up my first drink. I already had problems in those two areas before I ever picked up a drink and alcohol made it even worse.

I am also very hopeful you stick with the program. Been a great way of life for me and countless others.

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.
Thoroughly have we seen a person fail who has rarely followed our path.