View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lily1918

I'm only offering a different perspective. If he had thrown a fit over a disney movie or Boy Meets World type show, then I would be more inclined to agree that his reaction was out of line. I didn't mean to sound judgemental. I have not read your entire story.

You posted that you were upset he went upstairs and refused to talk to you earlier in the thread. You seemed to be under the impression that he only got upset because Jax is so hot, and he is insecure. I was trying to say that might not be the real reason. I was basing my statement off of that, and my own experience with the show, and opinions of the show from my sponsor and others within the rooms of NA and Naranon. SOA is controversial in the addicted community at best and despised at worst.

After some thought I can see your point over the topic in general, but because of the extremely violent nature of the show, if he is an active addict or not, I can understand why it sets him off, and I honestly doubt he would have thrown a fit if you had been watching something less... well... triggering.

I agree that you have a right to watch what you want!!! He also has a right to leave the room if it upsets him. If you don't want him to leave the room don't watch it when he is home. You have your boundaries. He has a right to his "boundaries" as well, no matter how insane they seem.