View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

I don't think his intentions are ever good when your heart is in the right place you don't treat people this way It was more important to him to try and make me feel bad (which I did not) than to actually spend a few minutes talking to me this morning the sad truth is all this did was push me farther away

You're trying to ascribe "normal" non-addict motives to his behavior, seeing his thought process through the lens of someone who is not an active addict. That's a sure way to make yourself crazy.
My ex chose alcohol over his family. I personally can't fathom the mindset that makes a decision like that, but I'm not an alcoholic. If i had a choice between drinking and having my family, I would pick my family.
These decisions are not the product of a healthy mind. That's why addiction is a disease. I wasted a lot of time trying to make sense of his thought processes, when I would have been better served looking at what was keeping me stuck in such an unhealthy relationship, subjecting myself and my sons to abusive behavior.