View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LemonGirl

Originally Posted by Readreadread View Post
Give yourself time to mourn. I think my stbxah and I were brought together for healing. We both didn't until things fell apart and now we are also given the opportunity to recover separate. I am not sure what he is doing now for his recovery, but I have grown tremendously, but still have a long way to go.... It is always sad when people don't choose us over drugs/alcohol but they don't know how to survive any other way. Try not to take it personal... You can still hope that he finds recovery.... I still hope for my ex but my life has to go on regardless and my daughter's. If all 3 of us go down the drain with addiction, what good is that? I remember telling myself, I love him, but I love myself more... Big hugs to you....
AWE.... Read, I feel like I can relate to your comment verbatim! Only I have two daughters... hehe...

Butterfly, I found that the dreams I had with my ex, were just that... my dreams. Yes, I thought he shared them with me and fit into those ideas, but his drinking was completely incongruent with what I want for my life. And that's his choice... As for me, I still have those dreams. Right now I am working on trusting in my hp that what I hold in my heart will come true when it's time. Until then, like some of our SR friends suggested above, I am getting busy doing things for me. I think I spent the first month in front of a television lots of reading, in my room, mostly alone, before I started to get out of my shell. And you know what? Shell time is necessary... and it comes and goes like waves.