Thread: Day 7
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
beddy3484

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Well done on seven days. Keep marching forward. Taking the time to work on your sobriety. In the beginning it is crucial to heal yourself by continuing forward. Taking action. Anna is right. We all want to explain ourselves and be forgiven but it's not that easy. I'm an alcoholic as is my husband. He is also an addict and he's currently on a bad relapse. I will be asking him to leave. He has done this in the past so its nothing new. He has done a lot of things that are beyond the pale. And expected instant forgiveness. "Look! I quit! Things are all better now." It doesn't quite work that way because trust, once broken, takes a very long time to mend. Your wife is probably exhausted. Mentally and physically. She needs time to heal too. The best thing you can do is not pushing her. Work on you. Heal yourself. Grow better and stronger. She will see that. If you have been drinking and quitting over and over, she will also know if you are pulling her leg. Words will not cut it now. I've made too many promises which I've broken. My husband certainly has done so. Why will I be asking him to leave? I hear his promises and seen no action. Well done, again, on seven days. I know what an accomplishment that is. Keep going. And I'm sorry if what I said is harsh but I've been on the other side.
No way you said makes absolute sense in every way. Thank you!