View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 03:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
drgnfly30

I would suggest you take care of yourself. Maybe Alanon could help you. The bottom line is you can't make him, scare him or talk him into seeking help. However, by learning how to protect yourself might wake him up. We will used enablers like you without any guilt in order to drink. We learn your weakness and use it against you. It might be difficult but, there are some hard decisions to make.
I'm in Alanon... I already know that I have no control over his drinking & I'm not trying to... to this point my recovery has only made his drinking worse. While I'd like nothing more to walk away from this mess, I don't have the resources to do so at this time.
He should see a doctor for a liver enzyme test if you can get him to go to know for sure.
He does see our doctor fairly regularly, she knows he's an alcoholic, he's on cholestrol meds so I know she monitors his liver, but he doesn't tell me what the results are & she can't.
I suggest you make sure you have ggood insurance.
Funny you should mention that, I tried to increase his life insurance this past fall & the insurance company denied it... reason alcohol abuse & diabetes...

Thanks so much for your insight... I knew the answers already but I guess I just needed some validation... H loves nothing more than to try to convince me that I'm crazy & imagining everything.