Old 02-06-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Timeiskey

Thanks everyone. Yes Lexie- going back over there has ripped me open each time. My landlord just informed me that I left something there...if it wasn't something cherished, I would just leave it. But I hate the idea of returning. I also have to continue to check my mail for a few days, but will probably wait on both until the middle of next week and go when I am fairly confident he is working.
I have blocked him in my email, Facebook, and phone/text. None of my friends would bring him up, because they know exactly what kind of person he is and how he has hurt me. Those that would say something to me are people I am not in contact with- they either are his drinking buddies or they just don't really know what kind of person he is in actuality. I already destroyed almost everything that he gave me.
So, the healing can really begin. I don't have anything pressing hanging over my head that has to be addressed in terms of that residence. I can leave it alone for now and focus on work and unpacking. Just writing this out and reading your support here is helping. I will definitely be hitting AlAnon and Coda this weekend.
When I think about where I was when I first came on this site and then consider where I am, I find some relief as well. It has been a painful road past denial and codependent actions to a healthier place. But progress has been made and in that knowing is some gratitude and strength...even when it isn't the first emotion or thought in my mind.