View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by Sugar77 View Post
That made me chuckle. Good to see everyone hanging in there and welcome any new members, Lonelyshadow... what a post! I've been keeping busy, had a nice lunch out today with my mum and brother. Anxiety has been there alot in the last 24hrs but I recognised it for what it was,and didn't give it any power. Just distracted myself. I was actually watching a TV show with my husband at around 11pm last night when i stood up and said "sorry...I gotta go make banana bread right now" He was like " Um ok then.... " Didn't sleep too good and still anxety lurked this morning, think coffee is making it worse so I bought some decaf today. I've had so many lightbulb moments this week, great reading in the links Dee, soberwolf and soberleigh shared, thanks for those. Reading up on AVRT, urge surfing and meditation and breathing techniques(did some in the car today,to calm myself). All so helpful and really clicking with me, I know i need to change the way I think, rewire the brain so to speak, can't believe it's day 14 tomorrow... Happy dance! Not been sober this long since 2003! Hang in there guys,feel lucky to be part of such a supportive group. Sorry I can't reply to all individually,too many,but know I read and appreciate all your posts. Tonight... I'm making brownies!
Awesome job Sugar!!! That's pretty funny about the banana bread. Haha! Was it good? :-)