View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
ting

Lilac! That's horrible. Power to you for sobering on!
I almost find it easier to not drink over bad stuff then drinking over good stuff. When all is good it's easier for me to pick up a drink because my guard is down. When bad stuff happens I'm more inclined to fight the AV.
Saying that....

Made it day 5!
But here comes the weekend...
My friend just called and said
Do want to come out tonight? Get the babysitter and we will go get massages, go to dinner then go watch some jazz at this club with some lovely fun people I just met. We can get a little motel room so we don't have to drive home and can sleep in without kids.
Me: oh that sounds fun!
Then I remembered that I wasn't drinking and thought I would last until dinner before I succumbed to the booze.
It's hard to say no to such invitations but I know I can't kick cravings in that environment.
Looks like TV chocolate and bed instead.
Need to hold onto the thought of a fresh Saturday morning hangout with my kids doing things they want to do instead of nursing a hangover and just meeting their needs.

Grrr weekends are a bit scary....

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-