View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by lilac0721 View Post
It is a miracle that I didn't drink last night. I am supposed to be moving in a month to a new state. My husband has been looking for a house for us to rent. I have been busy looking for a job in the new town, working at my current job, and taking graduate-level classes. He found a house that seemed promising. Made contact with the alleged owner. Last night when I got home he texted me to let me know he'd wired 800 dollars to her. Not good. She didn't call him last night, as promised. Not good. I looked in the property ownership records of that county and discovered the names of the real owners of the house. My husband got scammed. This isn't the first time he's lost significant amounts of money due to poor decision-making or naiveté. This caused a lot of fear, anger, and insecurity to well up in me. I thought for a second about drinking and instead got dressed, put on hat, gloves, and headlamp, and went for a brisk walk in the dark. Then journaled, cried, and drank tea. That was my day 2. Day 3 today.
Wow Lilac! That sucks! I can't believe people! What has this world come to? Just remember...Karma is a B and that thief will get caught sooner or later.

I'm so glad you stayed sober thru that!!! It wouldn't have been worth it to drink! Hang in there! I'm also on Day 3. My last drink was on Feb 2 so my sobriety date is Feb 3!

We can do this!!! :-)