View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Originally Posted by Lizella View Post
Yeah he knows and he's very supportive. But I'm just learning how to deal with emotions sober and should probably do that alone first.
If you feel this way, I would say follow your instinct rather than taking a risk. Otherwise, my opinion is that it depends on many factors: yourself and your general condition/mental health, same for the other person, and just what your goals are in sobriety. If you have a lot of things in your life that need attention and fixing, or that you want to work on with a lot of energy, I would not recommend a new relationship for a while, prioritize the most important issues. I also would not recommend a relationship with someone who has personal / emotional issues that could cause stress for you.

What I usually suggest to people here: why not just be friends for a while if you have doubts? You don't need to put a name on it. Get to know each-other, do things together etc without anything serious, see how you feel. If he is really supportive and understanding, he may not want to rush it for you.