View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
glandon

Morning All.

181 days for me, and like Ultra said recently, I am on a similar "maintenance" track. Ironically, I am frequently around AL these days; at parties, various events, even at home when my adult children are over, and there is simply not the slightest thought or desire for a drink. The thought of AL makes me gag. To use an analogy, it's like radishes. I really can't stand them- so, I could be constantly around them, but knowing I don't like them, the thought of eating one, simply doesn't happen. Yuk- gives me indigestion to even think about them. Sorry, to any of you who are radish devotees!

For those of you who are still struggling with craving/temptations, two thoughts:

First, the concept of developing sober muscles is real. Each and every day that we stay away from AL, the sober muscle builds, bit by bit, which means that desire/craving/ even thoughts about AL, progressively and steadily diminish. I think it was about 90 to 100 days, when I felt the physical and any mental cravings solidly end.

Second, L-Glutamine (I have mentioned this here many times before). I know we are not supposed to endorse any "medical" solutions here on SR, but, this is a wonderful natural amino acid and I used it liberally for the first 60 days or so, when the cravings were still something I needed to deal with. Worked like a charm every time.

Pink- I was really touched by your poem a couple of days ago. A very winsome and compassionate reflection on those souls among us who are facing that challenge.

I don't post much these days, because I'm not too sure I have much to add to the conversation. But, I follow what is going on here a lot. I admire those who have struggled, and yet come back to re-join the group (you know who I am referring to). This is an admirable sign of courage and character. I firmly know that those individuals will succeed.

Best, Mike