View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
calichris

Hellllooooo team August!!!!

WOW I have SO much catching up to do....

..first, and most importantly, I am still 100% on track and sober and loving everything it brings me (even the bad stuff is so much easier to deal with without the poison affecting my mood and stability).

I am SO sorry for not posting lately.
I have been dealing with extra hours at work, taking care of my 85 year old parents, and loads of other things I can barely keep my head above water, but being sober I am actually doing it with a certain calmness I could never have if I were drinking to "cope".

I have been going to 1-2 f2f meetings per week. Helps keep me "tuned up" and "tuned in" to the right frequency of sobriety. Great to be in a room with other people who "get it". After all I can talk to my wife about it (addiction) until I am blue in the face and she will nod but never fully understand it from our perspective.

I love you all with all my heart and please know that even if I don't post much lately I am still 100% commited to a lifetime of sobriety and you guys and gals are a HUGE part of what got me past the hardest part (the first few months I call the "blast-off" stage).

I have a little app that keeps count of my sobriety and here is what it says today:
day # 178
weeks : 25.43
months: 5.93
years : 0.49

Looking forward to celebrating 6 months next Thursday with my beautiful wife she is taking me out for a very special dinner to celebrate.

Love you all !
-Chris