View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kahlia
Putting it all together

Red face

Originally Posted by Desperate111
Hello everyone,

I am a 21 year old guy who has been addicted to oxycontin for almost 3 years now. I have tried to kick this drug numerous times but always come down so hard that i've quit by the 4th day. Over the past few months i have been working up more and more of a habit. Until I could take it no more. I have been crushing and takeing nasaly: 1 40 mg oxy every morning, 1 every afternoon, and 1 every evening roughly 6-8 hrs apart. I've hit rock bottom, the 30$ a day habit has killed my savings and all my friends (of which all are addicts alongside me, we all started taking them together in highschool) want nothing to do with me now that I want out. Today is day #6 of no oxycontin, it seems like day 4 and 5 were much easier...I feel much worse today. Extreme muscle pain and cold sweats/drymouth plague my every move. It seems as if my brain is a skipping record just replaying the image and sound and feeling of an oxy. I'm so lonely and i feel so alone in my struggle. I don't know what to do and I don't understand why i'm still in pain after almost a week.

I searched out this forum hoping that someone out there will be able to help me understand why and when and how. I am very discouraged and contemplating just sinking backwards.

I have no health insurance so doctors visits are out of the question due to my suffering finances.

Please help me Anyone...
I suggest that if you continue to have withdrawals you go to an ER...I was addicted to Diladudid and it took almost a MONTH before I was OK....well, out of my system.....I had NO health insurance either. Drink a lot of water, sleep when you can.....eat, when you can....keep posting here....you can do this....you are almost there, my adddict friend...it is work and you haev gotten past the hardest part....QUITTING......you can PM me if you like....Kahlia