View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
pinkpeony

I am on meds. I haven't had health insurance or a vehicle for all of this time so anything else has been next to impossible. The counseling place in our county that is based on income has a 3.5 month waiting list to get in. So mix in no insurance, no vehicle, no one to help, no money and I guess that's all excuses to some people but it's reality to me. Sometimes people are stuck.

No one can understand major depression unless they've experienced it. Where you don't shower for over a week, you don't eat, you don't care about the consequences of anything because it's all too much. Sleep is all you want to do. You don't care about anything you once enjoyed, you or get rid of your belongings because they don't matter anymore. Getting out of bed to do anything small/simple is a major accomplishment to you.
You fight with the bad things going on in your head constantly. Every day is a struggle to just live. Your mind tells you over and over that you're ok good, worthless, that everyone would be better off without you, that you're a failure at everything, and on and on.
Mix all of that with anxiety and panic and it's just too much.

But yeah, there is no empathy at all. If it were my spouse in that condition, I'd be packing them into the car and taking them to the hospital.
Sometimes you are so sick that you can't help yourself.
I don't expect people to understand but I expect them to try.
Anyhow I don't even really known what the point of this post is. I guess just the fact that AH has no empathy.
When you are severely depressed you can't just pull yourself up by the bootstraps and get on with things. It's much different from being sad or having the blues.
People wouldn't tell someone with cancer to just get over it. It's the same thing with mental illness. I hate feeling this way. I'd love to be happy and be totally functional if my brain chemicals would let me.