Old 02-01-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I agree with the attraction to abandon buildings...

Being an addict is like being an abandoned building. A shell of what was. Yet in the absence of that life there is beauty. Even with a sense of loneliness or emptiness you come away with both thoughts of what happened. And what could be again.
I absolutely love this comment Weasel.

Strat, I pass empty graystone after empty graystone on the way to work. These gorgeous buildings that would command a million or more in a different part of the city.

EndgameNYC, that comment had me laughing out loud. So true. Spot on. My mind is not a quiet place and my body follows although I don't think I'm one of those busy people who makes others nervous by buzzing around. Most people find me a calm presence. I need to start meditating to start calming my brain instead of letting the energy scatter like a flock of startled sparrows. A worthier project than running hither and ton.

Note to car shoppers, kia souls are terrible in the snow. It took me over a half hour to get it away from the curb to pick up my kids. Mr. Ruby tried to get it out and gave up, shouting to call a tow truck. I'm too cheap and kept at it. Finally. Once I got on plowed and salted it was fine. Now I will have to pray that I get out of the space in front of my parents house.

Not a giant Katy perry fan but that was actually not a bad half the performance.