View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
irisgardens

gitterdeca--I have asked that question too many times in my life--for me it finally came down to a majority of people are just uncomfortable and distance...the difficulty of the situations overwhelms them. Like you, the last moment I abandon or pull away from anyone is when they are in crisis--and I have supported many...but regardless...when I need help...there are very few of those people who reach back out...and so I don't think much about it anymore. Right now...after years of working to keep my family afloat, and getting healthier...I am getting silent treatment and avoidance again--they are all taking care of their needs and I can't change it...powerless over it. My family are all in denial and so I have become the 'identified patient' and they don't like it when I am weaker than I have been...and it shows through no support, emoting, blaming things on me and protecting dad...

Happy to have my therapist doe now and my first sponsor ever in naranon to reach out to. Have 3 friends who I can share from time to time...some things.

Thanks for the khanacademy.org suggestion--exciting and I just signed up.