Old 01-31-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Hi everyone! Back from running all over creation. No kids at the moment. They are at friends houses for the time being.

Mr. Ruby said I came home in time as he was having bad thoughts being alone in the house. We've all been there. Of course, like the rest of us, he also thought to himself that I'd never notice. I told him he would only have been fooling himself if that were the case. I can tell.

Leshar, hang in there. There are the ups and downs. I'm currently in a down but this thread is a huge help. Looking forward to it on the weekends has replaced looking forward to drinking. Same sense of anticipation.

I went grocery shopping. It was insanely busy. Far busier than christmas or New Years. Ramming carts of little ole ladies pondering chicken wings. I had heard that we were expecting a winter storm. What I didn't realize was that it was 12 to 14 inches. And it's the super bowl. Funny though, I didn't see anyone buying liquor. That section was quite quiet. I only noticed that it was quiet as it is tucked in a corner next to the deli and cheese section.

I guess I'm still working on "why" this past few weeks. Why can't i have a sip of something once in a while? I know that it is an imponderable question because there is no answer. It just is. A fact of life that I've spent too long wrapping my head around before I've gotten the 14 months. Fits and starts. Do overs. Jillions of dollars and wasted hours under the bridge. I don't want to be a drunken, lumpen mess, passed out on the sofa or back porch. Life's too short.

Mec, are you feeling some guilt about not doing much? You are always so active, that maybe it's just a matter of giving permission to relaxing. I have a hard time with relaxing. Like right now. Reading everyone's truly inspirational posts and this niggling little thought that I have to finish sweeping.

Mr. Ruby is in good spirits. And engaged, not distracted. That's a good sign. Time to get sweeping and then pick up one kid. And find out about the other.