View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Elseware

I eat it all, too. Except once I ate somebody's baked beans. They must have stirred in a pint of bourbon right at the last minute because I could still feel the "burn" of the alcohol. I was not expecting it. This was in my first weeks of not drinking and I did eat them. But that was a hard one. And I kept trying rationalize that it was food so it didn't count. But those beans did count because I knew exactly what I was doing.

I think it's true in most cases most of the alcohol evaporates during the cooking process but not always so I think it's good to be careful especially if the taste distresses you. In your case I think your host was kind of rude to you. Number one she/he knew you didn't like salmon and number two, I'm sure it has not gone unnoticed by the people you know that you have stopped drinking. So to serve you salmon AND sherry sauce? Very disrespectful. I am sorry you were so poorly treated. Maybe next time don't even go to their dinner party. They don't deserve your company.