View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
CybilVane

So far, I hate sobriety too. I'm a month in. There are definitely some reliefs about it, but damn, is this life? Is this how people feel everyday? It is lonely. I don't get it. I remember looking at people who didn't get high and lived their life and being amazed that they could be happy. Or are they secretly miserable and go home and cry, like I do? I keep hearing, it'll get better, and somedays I really believe that it is. I cope a lot better than I used to, but I feel like that is all I'm doing. Coping. That's not living, or is it?
I really feel like I just blew up all over your post, sorry. I just needed someone to talk to, someone I didn't have to lie to, and I saw that you were sick of it too. This reply may not be helpful because I have no words of hope or wisdom to offer, but it looks like we are going through the same frustrating feelings that come with being newly sober. I don't know about you, but sometimes it's a relief for me to hear that I'm not totally alone in my feelings.
I just really relate to the anger and pain. I felt like (and hoped) my head would explode all over my living room before I logged on to the site, not really thinking it would calm me down. It did. Thank you for sharing, it's nice (not sure if nice is the right way to put it) to know that I'm not the only one on this roller coaster made of sh*t.